The most recent employment projects by Local Workforce Investment Area are available on the Labor Market Data page.
Occupations and Careers
- Learn about occupations in Career Clusters.
- Career One Stop Occupation Profiles: Get all the details about any occupation.
- My Next Move: A fast, simple, no-registration-required career information site for students.
- Visit the Virginia Economic Development Partnership website to learn more about Virginia’s key industries.
- View Virginia Economic Development regional profiles, which include employment by sector, employment by occupation, major employers, estimated earnings, and other important economic and demographic data for each region.
- Learn about local industry news through the Virginia Economic Development Partnership Announcements & Closings Database.
- Learn about industries designated as strategic or critical by statewide authorities and agencies: Key Industries for Virginia.
- Virginia’s Economy at a Glance: Take a look at this Bureau of Labor Statistics page for quick tables and graphs of employment in Virginia’s major industries.
Nontraditional Courses and Students
Full details about non-traditional courses (including course numbers, assigned career clusters, and more) are available in Appendices A-I of the CTERS User’s Manual. If your division is having trouble meeting goals for nontraditional completers, it is also important to understand how nontraditional course feed into completer sequences, so that you can help nontraditional students return for a second qualifying course and thus become a nontraditional completer. Information on program sequences is available in the Administrative Planning Guide.
Child Labor Laws
View a side-by-side comparison of state and federal child labor laws for youth work-based learning in Virginia.
Other Data Resources
For those who like to look things up themselves, here are some of the most valuable data resources for Virginia.
- Community Profiles for every Virginia locality include data on population, commuting patterns, unemployment rates, educational attainment, and almost every other detail that you might want to know about your community.
- Quick Facts from the Census Bureau: Want more detail on your community? Census Quick Facts will tell you more than you can imagine, from the median value of owner-occupied homes, to the percent speaking a language other than English at home.
- Business Finder: Helps you find employers in different industry and occupation sectors in your locality. May provide leads for those looking for employers partners or co-op participants.
- This Virginia Labor Market Information page provides a list of the 50 largest employers by locality.